Orc Sniper (Archer) and Orc Hunter (Spear): Figure 49 & 50 of 265

Chris Palmer

This week I complete the last two of the orcs from the 30 New Bones set: the Orc Sniper (Archer) and the Orc Hunter (Spear). With the completion of these two figures, I reach the happy milestone of having 50 Bones completed. On to the next 50! 
    After washing them in some dish soap and letting them dry, I spray primed them with Krylon Camouflage with Fusion ”Flat Black”. When this dried, I glued the pair onto black primed 1.25 inch fender washers using Aleene’s Tacky glue.  I then glued them onto a tongue depressor, for ease of painting, using a couple drops of Elmer’s white glue.

The first step I did in painting them was to give the figures a heavy drybrushing with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.  I then drybrushed the fur garment on the Archer using  GW “Codex Grey” followed by GW “Fortress Grey”. I knew there would be a little overlap of the fur color onto the chainmail since drybrushing isn’t precise, but I did the best I could to keep the colors separate, knowing I would go back later and neaten the edges with a fine brush.

 Next I painted their Tunics: Accent “Mustard Seed” for the Archer, and Folk Art “Dapple Grey” for the Spear Orc. I did their skin with Aleene’s “Deep Khaki”.  Then, I did all he belts, wraps, straps, scabbard, and the quiver with Americana “Asphaltum”.  The boots and pouch of the Archer, and the top and bottom of the quiver, I did with Ceramcoat Walnut; with the fur tops of the boots drybrushed with Americana “Khaki Tan”.

     The spear’s shaft, and the bow I painted with Crafters Edition “Spice Brown”  I then painted the spear tip, and the metal fittings of the bow with the “Metallic Pewter”, and used the this color with a fine brush to also clean up the spots on the edges of the chainmail that got the fur or tunic paint on them. Lastly, the fletchings were given a drybrushing with the “Codex Grey”, their teeth were painted with GW “Bubonic Brown”, and the stitching on the scabbard, quiver and belt were painted Americana “Mississippi Mud”.
   After all this had dried, I gave both figures a wash with GW “Devlan Mud” wash.  When the wash had dried, I added highlights to their skin using the original “Deep Khaki” mixed with a little Aleene’s “Dusty Khaki. I also highlighted their tunics with the original colors. I then painted the eyes with  Americana “Buttermilk”, and then I went back and added a black pupil in each eye. I also highlighted their teeth with the “Bubonic Brown”.  Finally, I added some GW “Chainmail” highlights to the Orcs’ spear, armor, and chainmail.

After everything had dried overnight, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” and, when dry, flocked their bases.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor’s “Dullcote”.

I think these fellows turned out very nicely.  I can take a break from orcs for a while now, until I get to the Orcapocalypse set.

Figures 49 and 50: Complete.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1eHXmoJ

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *