I did theses two spider swarms from the Vermin set as a quick project this week. I prepped these as usual, soaking them in water and dish soap first, then rinsing and drying. I then primed them black with Krylon’s Camouflage Flat Black with Fusion, as I planned to paint them mostly with drybrushing.
These figures are a confusing mish-mash of legs and bodies, and I didn’t really want to put the effort into figuring our which leg went with which body; so I did the whole bunch with a heavy drybrushing with GW “Shadow Grey”. I then did a lighter drybrushing with Apple Barrel “Scotch Apple Blue”. Unfortunately I still couldn’t really see individual spiders in the mass, so I tired painting some of the apparent ‘ground’ areas inbetween all the legs, with GW “Graveyard Earth” in hopes of providing some visual separation.
After everything had dried, I painted the figures with Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. I let them sit over night, and the next day I carefully flocked them, which was a challenge with all the errant legs. Then after that had a chance to dry, I sprayed the bases with Testor’s “Dullcoat”.
I can’t say as I’m really a fan of these pieces, as the sculpts are too jumbled in my opinion to be really effective. But they’re done now, and that’s what counts. 🙂
Figures 51 & 52: Complete
via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1bjapw7