Grave Wraith: Figure 70 of 265

Chris Palmer

This week, as I revealed in last Monday’s post, I painted the green translucent Grave Wraith from the Haunts set. Unfortunately, one of the worst head colds I have ever had set in last week, and kept me from going to Cold Wars; as I was just too sick. I was, however, able to finish painting the Grave Wraith.
As usual, I began by washing the figure in a bowl of water with a little dish soap added. I then rinse it and let it dry. Afterwards, I glued it to a black-primed 1.5 inch fender washer using white tacky glue, and then I glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of plain white glue.

I began by giving the whole figure a wash with very thinned Iron Wind Metals “Dark Green Ink”. I then painted the “face” as well as the sword and hand, and gravestone and base, with black paint.
Next I drybrushed the gravestone with Folk Art “Medium Gray”, and painted the blade of the sword with Folk At “Metallic Emerald Green”. I ended up giving the blade three coats of the green to make it really brilliant. You can see the difference in the blade in the photo below with one coat, and the photo that follows it with the three coats.
My next step was to do a lighter drybrush on the gravestone with Americana “Dove Grey” , and then I painted the hilt of the sword with Ceramcoat “Bronze”. This was followed with doing light highlights on the fingers of the sword hand with GW “Shadow Grey”
I finished up by going over the hilt of the sword and adding heavy highlights with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. I then painted the rune details on the sword with GW “Golden Yellow”, then I went over them again and added a bit of “Apple Barrel “Yellow” in the center of each rune. Lastly, I painted the skull by the gravestone with Americana “Buttermilk”, followed by heavy highlighting with plain white.
When everything was dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matt Varnish”. When this was dry, I flocked the base. Lastly, I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcoat.
As usual, photographing these translucents is a bugger. However, I am pleased with how this one came out, and in general I think the photo gives you the idea of what I was going for. Also, as you can see, the blade on this figure was miscast, missing a section at the top. That didn’t bother me too much, as being the weapon of a dead warrior, I can easily imagine that it was broken in battle.

Figure 70 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It

Author: hawksgameclub