Lizardman Warrior: Figure 74 of 265

Chris Palmer

This week I also had time to paint the Lizardman figure from the 30 New Bones set.  I began by soaking him overnight in some water with a little dish soap added, and then I gave the figure a light scrub with a soft toothbrush and rinsed it.  When dry, I sprayed it with Krylon Flat Black Camouflage with Fusion. I then glued it to a black-primed 1” fender washer with Aleene’s tacky glue, and then glued this to a half a tongue depressor using two drops of Elmer’s white glue.

  To begin, I painted the front of the figure with Americana “Reindeer Moss Green”; and the scaly back of the figure, and top of the head, I painted with Americana “Avocado”

When these two colors had time to dry, I gave the figure a coat of thinned GW “Dark Green” ink.

When the ink was dry, I went back and added highlights to the front and back using the original colors.   Next, I painted the inside of the mouth with Americana “Shading Flesh”, and then I painted the teeth, claws, and the spikes on his head and running down his back with Americana “Buttermilk”. Then I pained his eyes with Apple Barrel “Yellow”, and then added black slit pupils.

Next, I painted his turtle-shell shield with Accent “Mustard Seed”, and his spear shaft with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.  The rope bindings on the spear shaft I painted Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and the strap on the shield I painted, Ceramcoat “Walnut”. At this time I also painted the decorative rings on the shield all white in preparation for applying some bright colors to them..

When this white prep coat dried, I painted the decorative rings on the spear their final colors. I did the outer ones with Ceramcoat “Bronze”, and the inner ones with White, GW “Blood Red”, and GW “Hawk Turquoise”. I also painted his wrist band with the “Bronze”.  When everything had time to dry, I went back and applied some thinned Winsor-Newton “Peat Brown” ink, to the inside of the Lizardman’s mouth, his back spikes, and claws, as well as the entire shield and spear and his wrist band.  When this dried, I went back and painted the spear tip black, and then gave it a light drybrushing with Duncan “Slate Blue”, to give it the look of obsidian.  I also went back and added some highlights to the decorative rings on the spear shaft, and to the shield, in the original colors, and then I added some detail markings to the exterior of the turtle shell with the “walnut” paint.

  After everything had time to dry, I gave the entire figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”, and when this had dried I flocked the base.  After letting everything sit overnight, I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote spray paint the next day.

   I pleased with how this guy turned out.  And it proved to be a quick and simple figure to get done.
Figure 74 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *