Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Rogue: Figure 97 of 265

Chris Palmer

Over the weekend I completed the Halfling Rogue figure from the 30 New Bones set. By unofficial count I am only 6 figures away from completing this large set. And three figures away from reaching the 100 figure milestone!
     I began my preparation in the usual way; soaking him in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving him a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I glued the figure to a 7/8” black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to half a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue. When the glue holding him to the tongue depressor was dry, I gave the figure a light wash with some heavily thinned black ink with a pinhead of dish soap added to help delineate the belts, straps, clothing, etc. on the figure.  As I have said before, I really have trouble seeing the details on these bright white Bones when I am holding them under my bright painting lamp.

 I began painting him with doing his face and hands with Americana “Shading Flesh”. I then painted his tunic with Accent Mustard Seed, and his pants with DecoArt “Cinnamon Brown”  I completed his clothing with painting his cloak Folk Art “Poppy Seed” and his ankle and wrist braces with Folk Art “Medium Gray”.

Next, I painted his belts with Accent “Real Umber”, and his scabbard with Anita’s “Burnt Sienna”.  His hair, both on his head and on his feet, I painted Americana “Asphaltum”.

  I painted in his eyes, then moved to the metal bits, painting all the buckles, buttons, studs, and his sword with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.  The grip of the sword I painted Americana “Charcoal Gray”.

I let everything dry for a couple hours, and then came back and gave the figure a wash with thinned GW “Devlan Mud” wash.  After the wash dried, I went back and added highlights to his skin and clothing with the original base colors.  I then let the figure sit overnight, and then gave it a coat of Cermacoat “Matte Varnish”. When this had dried, I then flocked the figure’s base.  The next day I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote” spray paint.

   I’m satisfied with the figure, but can’t say as it was particularly exciting or challenging to paint.  A nice one to add to the collection though.

Figure 97 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1kiUO53
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1lVXR2Z

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *