Berkeley, Zombie Survivor: Figure 113 of 265

Chris Palmer

This week I painted Berkeley, Zombie Survivor from the Zombie Hunters set. Since I am already half way though this set, I figured I’d just wrap it up this month.  I’ll paint the last figure this week.
     I began my preparation of this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 7/8” black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.

   I began the painting process by giving the whole figure a wash with very thinned black ink with just a pin head drop of dish soap in it.  This ink wash settles and dries into all the crevices and creases in the figure, and helps me to see all the sculpted detail, so I can keep my paint in the lines. 🙂  

When the wash was dry, I started by painting all her skin with Apple Barrel “Flesh”. I then painted her pants with Americana “Wedgwood Blue”, and her shirt with Americana “Avocado”.

Next, I painted her boots with DecoArt “Cinnamon Brown”,  her belt and holsters with Americana “Asphaltum”, and her hair and the weapon grips with Americana “Charcoal Grey”. The chainsaw housing I painted GW “Blazing Orange”, and the zombie arm gripping her pants cuff I painted GW “Rotting Flesh”. I then added a splotch of Folk Art “True Burgundy” to the stump of the zombie arm.

When all of these base colors had had time to dry, I gave the whole figure a wash with thinned GW “Agrax Earthshade”.

 When this wash was dry, I drybrushed her hair with Folk Art “Golden Harvest”, then Americana “Moon Yelow, and lastly, Americana “Buttermilk”.  I then painted in her eyes, doing shadows with black, then white “whites”and lastly black pupils. Next I did her lips with Americana “Shading Flesh”.  I then added highlights to her face, arms, and midriff with the base “Flesh” color.  I also highlighted her jeans and shirt with those base colors as well.

     I then painted the blade of the chainsaw, and the butt of the shotgun with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.  When this was dry, I painted the very edge of the saw-blade  with un-thinned black ink. I then added a splatter mark on the blade with the “True Burgundy”. I also painted the chainsaw’s handles black.  Lastly, I painted the figure’s bare base with the “Cinnamon Brown” to help hide the white before flocking.
     When everything had dried overnight, I painted the figure with a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  I let this dry several hours and then flocked the base.  The next morning I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote” spray paint.

          I think this figure turned out well.  It was rather a straight forward paint job.

Figure 113 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *