Duke Gerard: Figure 115 of 265

Chris Palmer

     This week I started on the Fighters Set, and painted Duke Gerard. I thought I’d start with the simplest figure in the set, to get myself back in a fantasy mind frame after painting the remainder of the more realistic figures in the Zombie Humters Set earlier in the month.
      I did my preparation of this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 1” black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.

I started by painting all the armor black.  I then gave it a good drybrushing with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.

     Next, I painted his waist cape, and the cloth hangings at his front and shoulders  with Anita’s “Violet”and his shield and scabbard with GW “Liche Purple”.

When the purple coats were dry, I gave all the cloth parts that I had painted with the “Violet” a wash with thinned Dark Blue ink. After the ink was good and dry, I went back and highlighted the cloth and the shield with the “Violet”

Now I painted his face with Americana “Shading Flesh”, and his hair, and the grips on his swords, with Americana “Charcoal Grey”.  I then painted his belt, and the back of the shield, with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.

     I next painted the trim on his armor, and the hilts of the swords and base of the scabbard, with Ceramcoat “14k Gold”.

After everything  had had time to dry, I went back and gave his head and the gold areas a wash with thinned GW “Agrax Earthshade”wash.  I then painted his eyes, and added highlights to his face with the “Shading Flesh”.  I also highlighted the gold with the “14K Gold”.  I then painted his sword blade with the “Metallic Pewter”, and when it was dry, I highlighted the top portion of the blade, and his armor, with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.  Lastly I used some Americana “Dove Grey” to add some gray to his temples and some streaks in his hair to make him look more mature.
   I then hunted through all my old spare sheets of decals, and found a sheet of old Brettonian Knight ones.  I decided on a Pegasus design to match the wings decoration on the front of his armor, and applied it to the shield.  It tore a little while applying it, so I had to go and patch it up with white paint.
    I let the figure sit over night, and the next morning I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  Later that afternoon I flocked the base, and the following day I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote” spray varnish.

I pleased with how the figure turned out.  Even though it is not the most dynamic figure, it has a certain somber seriousness to it. And I think the purple and gold scheme helps bring out his royal bearing.

Figure 115 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1C4zAiF
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1uZa77d

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *