Dragonman Warrior: Figure 116 of 265

Chris Palmer

This week I painted the Dragonman Warrior from the Fighters Set.  For some reason, as I looked at this figure, I saw it wearing a bronze-ish colored suit of armor. I thought it would be a nice match for the greenish color I planned to paint his “skin”.  Once I decided that, it was easy for me to plan a whole green and yellow toned theme for his look.
      I did my preparation of this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 1” black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.

I began by painting black just the areas where he wore armor. When the black was dry, I gave it a heavy drybrushing with GW “Brazen Brass”.

Next, I painted his head, hands, and feet with Americana “Avocado”. Then I painted his “skirts” with Apple Barrel “Yellow”.  I next painted the rim of the shield and the blank area on the face of it with Folk Art “Hunter Green”. The wing design on the shield I painted with Folk Art “Golden Harvest”

I then painted his claws with Americana “Reindeer Moss Green” and his teeth with Americana “Buttermilk”.  The back of his shield I painted Ceramcoat “Walnut”, and the handle straps, as well as the sword grip I painted Americana “Asphaltum”.  When all these colors had dried, I gave his face, hands, feet, “skirts”, and the “wings on his shield, a wash with thinned Winsor-Newton “Peat Brown” Ink.
    When the ink was dry, I went back and added his eyes, using Americana “Moon Yellow” for his “whites”, and black for the pupil. I then went back and added highlights to his face, hands and feet using the base “Avocado”, and to his claws with the base “Reindeer Moss Green”.  I highlighted his skirt with the base “Yellow” and then went back and added a little of the “Moon Yellow” to the “Yellow”,  and did some lighter highlights. The wings on the shield I highlighted with the base “Golden Harvest”, then I added a little of the “Moon Yellow” to the Golden Harvest as well, and did some finer highlights here too.

Next I painted his sword blade with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”, and the hilt with Ceramcoat “Bronze”. While I had the “Bronze” out, I used some to add highlights to his armor, hitting the edges of plates and the rivets.  I then went back and added highlights to the sword blade with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”. I gave the hilt a little wash with some of the thinned “Peat Brown” ink, and when it was dry, went back and added highlights to the hilt with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.   I used some f the “Walnut” to paint the ares of the base that were still white, and then I set the figure to dry.
     The next morning I gave it  coat of  Ceramcoat “Mate Varnish”. Later that afternoon, I flocked the base.  The following day, I sprayed the figure with “Testor’s Dullcote”.

  I’m pleased with how the figure turned out.  I really like the sculpt, and the armor and the blade have some nice details that make it look appropriately non-human.   In the end I think the green and yellow scheme worked well on this figure.

Figure 116 of 265: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1voGddy
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1sKtvHm
via IFTTT

0

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *