More Pathfinder Goblin Pyros: Figures 123 & 124 of 265

Chris Palmer

     This week I worked some more on the We Be Goblins! Pathfinder Goblins Set.  I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying.  I then glued them to 7/8” fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple small dabs of Elmer’s white glue, for ease of handling during painting.

     To begin with, I painted their skin with Anita’s “Baby Blue”.  When this was dry, I gave the skin areas a wash with thinned Iron Wind Metals “Blue Ink”.

   When the ink wash was completely dry, I began painting the Goblins’ outfits.  I started with painting their tunics with GW “Vermin Brown”. Then I painted their loin “hangings” with Folk  Art “Gray Green”.  Next, I did their “armor” plates with Accent “Mustard Seed”.  Their leggings I painted Folk Art “Barn Wood”, and their wrist wraps I painted Americana “Khaki Tan”. 
     Now I worked on some of the detail bits. First, I painted the hat on the left-hand Goblin with Apple Barrel “Apple Black Green”. I painted their teeth Americana “Buttermilk”, and what I assumed was teeth hanging around their necks I painted with the “Buttermilk” as well.  I also used the Buttermilk” to paint the skull and tusks (?) on he right hand Goblin.  Next, I painted the cords on the “armor” plates, and the necklace cords with Ceramcoat “Maple Sugar Tan”.  I painted the feather on the left-hand Goblin’s arm with Folk Art “Burgundy”, and the pouches they both have on their rear belts with Anita’s “Burnt Sienna”.  Finally, I painted the torch handles with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and the sword grips with Americana “Asphaltum”.

I now painted the swords with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.   I then painted the balls on the sword hilts with Folk Art “Metallic Blue Sapphire”.  When everything had had time to dry, I went back and carefully applied GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash to all the parts that weren’t blue skin.  I was as careful as I could be not to let it run onto the blue skin, except I applied small amounts to their eye sockets and mouths.

After the wash had had time to dry, I went back and added highlights.  I began by highlighting the skin with the original “Baby Blue”.  This allowed me to cover any mistakes where wash had gotten onto the blue. Next, I added eyes with the “Buttermilk”, and then added black pupils.  I then used the original clothing/armor colors to add highlights to all they were wearing. I highlighted the hat with Americana “Forest Green”.  I highlighted the blades of their swords with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.  Lastly I painted the torch flames beginning with Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon at the bottom, and then Americana “Tangerine”, and then Ceramcoat “Bright Red”. lastly I added some dabs of the “Burgundy” at the very tips of the flames.  My final step was to paint the figures’ bases and washers with white.
      I let the Goblins sit overnight, and the next morning I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  Later that afternoon I flocked their bases, using Woodland Scenics snow flocking.  Unfortunately, it’s been really cold here recently, so I wasn’t able to find time to spray them outdoors with Testor’s “Dullcote” spray varnish yet. You’ll notice they’re a little shiney in the last picture.

  I’m again pleased with how these fellows turned out.  Five more to go.

Figures 123 & 124: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1EV4L1h
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/14zqvmE
via IFTTT

0

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *