Norgol, Irongrave Knight: Figure 128 of 265

Chris Palmer

This week I finished up the BBEG set by painting Norgol, Irongrave Knight.  This set now joins the list of Completed Sets over on the right.
      I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 1” black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.

  I then painted him all black. I avoided the cloak’s interior as best I could, but didn’t worry too much if some black got on it.  When the black was dry, I went back over the figure and drybrushed throughly it with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”.

I then touched up anywhere the metallic drybrushing had gotten on the shoulder fur, or the cloak’s exterior, with more black.  Next, I drybrushed the fur with Folk Art “Medium Grey”, and then drybrushed the outer portion of the cloak with Duncan “Slate Blue”. I then went back and touched up anywhere these colors had gotten on the armor with the “Metallic Pewter” color

My next step was to paint the cloak’s interior lining with GW “Blood Red”.  The ax handle I painted Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and the belt I painted Ceramcoat “Walnut”.

I then gave the cloak’s lining, and the ax handle, a wash with thinned Winsor-Newton “Peat Brow” ink.  While this dried, I painted the skull on his chest armor and the one on his ax with Ceramcoat Bronze.  I then went back and added highlights to these with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. Lastly, I added highlights to the armor and the ax with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.   I then painted any exposed white on the figure’s integral base with the “Walnut”.  I intentionally did not highlight the red lining of the cloak since most of it hung in shadow, I felt it would look odd with highlighting.
     The next morning I gave it  coat of  Ceramcoat “Mate Varnish”. Later that afternoon, I flocked the base.  The following day, I sprayed the figure with “Testor’s Dullcote”.

I’m very pleased with how this guy turned out for what was a very quick and simple paint job.  He’s got a good menacing attitude about him.
This week, I get back to work on the Pathfinder Goblins.

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *