This week I painted Elladan, Elf Ranger, from the Elves set. This wraps up this set, and so it joins the list of completed sets over on the right. Next up are the Dwarves.
I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1” black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.
I began by painting his under-tunic with Amerciana “Asphaltum”. I then painted the outer tunic with Americana “Avocado”. Next, I painted the cape’s lining with Accent “Deep Forest Green”, and then his leggings with Americana “Butter Pecan”.
I now proceeded to paint the outer cape with Americana “Forest Green”. Then I painted the leather armor hangings (?)(Not sure what they are.) at his waist and shoulders with Apple Barrel “Yellow”. His shoes, belts, scabbard and pouch I painted with Accent “Mustard Seed”.
I then painted the leaf decorations on his leather armor with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”. I also painted his face and hands with GW “Elf Flesh”. After everything had had time to dry, I gave his skin, belts, leggings and shoes and sleeves a wash with Winsor Newton “Peat Brown” ink. I then gave his leather armor hangings a wash with Iron Wind Metals “Chestnut” ink.
When the ink was dry, I painted his hair; first mixing some Americana “Sable Brown with some Ceramcoat “Walnut” together to do a dark first coat. I then drybrushed this with the base “Sable Brown” and then gave it some lighter highlights with the “Butter Pecan” I then worked on doing highlights on his outfit. First I added highlights to his outer cape with. Americana “Leaf Green”. I then mixed some of the “Forest Green” with the “Deep Forest Green” to do some highlights on the cape’s lining. Next I mixed a little Americana “Olive Green” with the “Avocado” to do highlights on his outer tunic. I added highlights to the leaf decorations on his leather armor hangings with some Americana “Burnt Orange”. Next, I did highlights on his belts, shoes, scabbard, and pouch with the base “Mustard Seed”, and his leggings with the base “Butter Pecan”. Now I finished up the face and hands, painting the eyes white with black pupils, and then adding highlights with the base “Elf Flesh”. I ended this step with painting the grips on his weapons with the “Walnut”.
I then worked on the metals, first painting the hilts, his buckles, and the scabbard tip with Ceramcoat “Bronze”. I then went back and added highlights with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. Next, I painted the blades with Cermacoat “Metallic Pewter”, and then added highlights with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”. Lastly, I painted the little ball on the end of the sword hilt with Folk Art “Metallic Emerald Green”. I painted the figure’s white integral base with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.
I let the figure sit overnight, and the next morning I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. Later that afternoon I flocked the base. The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.
I’m generally pleased with how this figure turned out. It was a nice simple figure to work on.
Figure 136 of 265: Complete