Logrim, Dwarf Captain: Bones II Figure

Chris Palmer

     This week I also completed the Bones II figure Logrim, Dwarf Captain, from the Core Set.    I had been wanting to add some more “good guy” figures to my winter themed collection, since I had a number of suitable baddies and monsters finished already; and this little guy looked like he’d be a good candidate.  There was something about the grille on his helmet that to me gave him the look of a little coal stove, and I could just picture his hot breath puffing out of the slits in his face plate.
       So, I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.

      I began by painting the figure entirely black.

      I then gave the entire figure a drybrushing with Ceramcoat “Metallic Pewter”. I then went over this with a lighter drybrushing of Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.

     Next, I went back and painted his beard black, followed with painting the grip on his sword with Americana “Asphaltum”.   I then painted his skirts with Folk Art “Metallic Blue Sapphire”.  Also, I used Ceramcoat “Bronze” to paint decorative parts of his helmet, armor and sword hilt.

      Now, I lightly drybrushing his beard with Duncan “Slate Blue” to give it some highlights.  I then painted the tie on his beard with Anita’s “Burnt Sienna”, and then gave it some highlights with Folk Art “Barnyard Red”.   Next, I added highlights to his skirts with Folk Art Pearl “Aqua Moire”, and highlights with Ceramcoat “14K Gold” to the areas I had previously painted “Bronze”. Lastly, I went back and added specific highlights to his armor and sword with the “Silver Sterling”.
    I painted his base white, and when everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  The next morning I flocked the base with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock, and added a little bit of dried grasses made from a bit of unraveled twine.  Late that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

     I’m pleased with how this little guy turned out.  It was a quick and easy paint job, and makes for character with  a lot of personality.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1OhlxzT
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1DmG0sB

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *