This week I continued working on the big Bones I Chronoscope set, and completed the Rosie, Chronotechnician, figure.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer’s White Glue.
I began by painting her skin with Americana “Mocha”. I then painted her shirt with Crafters Acrylic “Pure Pumpkin”, and her overalls with Crafters Acrylic “Navy Blue”.
Next, I painted her gloves with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”, and her boots and toolbelt with Americana “Territorial Beige”. I then painted her neckerchief with Crafters Acrylic “Christmas Red”, and then did her hair with Folk Art “Dark Brown”,
I let the paint dry a bit, an then I gave the figure a wash with Winsor Newton “Peat Brown” ink, using a wet brush. As best I could, I tried to avoid getting any on her blue overalls. When the wash was dry, I painted her gun, communications head set, and some of the tool handles Black. I also painted some of the tool handles with Americana “Zinc”. Then I painted her boot augmentations and belt buckle with Accent “Princely Pewter”. I then went back and painted the side supports of her boot augmentations with Apple Barrel “Yellow”. When the “Yellow” was dry, I went back over it and painted thin slanted black stripes.
Next, I used some Duncan “Slate Blue” to drybrush the gun and (carefully) the comms headset. I then took some of the “Zinc”, and highlighted the ammo clip on the gun. I then did highlights on her hair with Americana “Sable Brown”, and followed with painting her eyes. I then did her lips with Some Americana “Shading Flesh” with a little of the “Mocha” mixed in, then worked on highlighting all her skin with the base “Mocha”, then mixing in a little Crafters Acrylic “Flesh” to do lighter highlights. Now it was on to her clothing, highlighting first her shirt with the base “Pure Pumpkin”, then some Americana “Tangerine”. Next, was her overalls, which I highlighted first with a mix of the “Navy Blue” and the “Slate Blue”, and then just pure “Slate Blue”. Her gloves I highlighted with Crafters Edition “Orange Spice”, and her boots and tool belt with “Americana "Butter Pecan”. I used the base “Christmas Red” to highlight her neckerchief.
Next, I added a red dot to the laser sight on the gun, and another to her headset, using the “Christmas Red”. I also painted a part of the headset with Crafters Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”. I then highlighted her boot augmentations, her belt buckle, and painted some of the tool and headset parts, with Cermacoat “Metallic Pewter”. Then I took a some “White”, and added little reflection highlights to the red dots and the “Storm Cloud Grey”. I finished up by painting her base with Cermacoat “Walnut”.
After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” in the evening. The next morning I flocked the base using a sand mixture and a little static grass, and later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.
I’m happy with the way she turned out. The mouth was molded a little funky, and that shows a bit, but in general I think it’s a pretty nice figure.
Figure 172 of 265: Complete