Dita, Steampunk Witch: Figure 178 or 265

Chris Palmer

   This week I finished Dita, Steampunk Witch, from the Chronoscope Set.  Only one figure let to do from this set.
       I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

      I began by painting the entire figure, and her base, Black.  I then drybrushed it with Folk Art “Settlers Blue”.

     Next, I painted her skin with Americana “Mocha”. Then I painted parts of her outfit with Crafter’s Edition “African Violet”.  I painted her hair with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”, and  the end of her broom with Folk Art “Barnyard Red”

     I then gave her hair, skin, and broom end a wash with Winsor Newton “Peat Brown’ Ink using a wet brush.  When that was dry, I painted her eyes and lips, and then did her skin highlights, with first the "Mocha”, then I mixed some Crafter’s Edition “Flesh” with the “Mocha” and did lighter highlights.   Next, I highlighted her hair with first the base “Burnt Sienna”, then with Americana “Burnt Orange”, I did highlights on the broom with first the base “Barnyard Red”, then with Ameircana “Georgia Clay”.   I then used the “Settlers Blue” to add some more specific highlights on the Black.

     Next, I did the highlights on the purple, first with a mix of the “African Violet” and some Apple Barrel “Apple Lavender”, then with just the plain “Apple Lavender”

   I then worked on the metal parts, painting them first with Ceramcoat “Bronze”, and then going back and doing highlights with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”  I painted the round object on her hat like a headlight, using Folk Art “Medium Grey”, Folk Art “Silver Sterling”, and White highlights.  I also added tiny White highlights to her goggles.
        After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” in the evening.  The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.

    I’m pleased with how the figure turned out, even though I didn’t get it finished for Halloween. I did notice in the photos, that I didn’t do good coverage with the Dullcote, and there’s still some shiny spots in her clothing folds and recesses.  I’ll have to ht it again with the Dullcote tomorrow.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/1WN2QmA
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Y0qBtG

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *