This past week I spent most of my free time working on a building for Forstgrave, so I ended up with not much time for figure painting. So, as I saw the days passing by, I realized I better prep a simple figure to paint, so I actually grabbed two, the Ferret and Dog from the Familiars Set.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then glued the Ferret to a 5/8" black primed fender washer and the Dog to a black-primed ¾" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the ferret with Folk Art “Barn Wood”. I then painted his front and back with Black, as well as his mask. I then drybrushed his back with the Black. Next, I mixed some White with the “Barn Wood” and painted his face and muzzle around the mask.
For the dog, I decided he looked a lot like a German Shepherd, so I began by painting him Accent “Mustard Seed”. I then drybrushed his tail, underbelly, collar, and the backs of his legs with Cermcoat “Maple Syrup Tan”.
I then painted the Ferret’s nose with Americana “Shading Flesh”, and then drybrushed his Black areas with Crafters Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”.
For the Shepherd, I painted his markings and his muzzle and eyes Black, and then used Americana “Buttermilk’ to add some highlight areas to the rest of his fur.
After the figures had the afternoon to dry, I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish” in the evening. The next morning I flocked their bases, and later that afternoon I sprayed them with Testor’s Dullcote.
These turned out pretty good I think. Hopefully, this upcoming week I can get back to completing the Chronoscope set.