IMEF Torch McHugh and Sarah Blitzer: Figures 188 & 189 of 265

Chris Palmer

   This week I completed the IMEF set and painted the Torch McHugh and Sarah Blitzer figures. I now will move on to the Bedeviled set.
      I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.  I then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

      I began by painting the figures with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”.  I then painted their faces with  Americana “Shading Flesh”; and their gloves,  knee pads, one of the pouches at their waists, and their elbow pads with Americana “Asphaltum”.  I also painted the heat shield pads on the flamethrower figure with Americana “Neutral Grey”

     I then painted some of the parts of their guns, and some of the items on the first figure’s back, with Americana “Khaki Tan”.   I also painted their pouches, as well as the tubing on the flamethrower, with Americana :Mississippi Mud".  I then did a camouflage pattern all over their armor as a repeated series of three small dots using first, Folk Art “Porcelain White”, then Folk Art “Dark Brown”. Next, I painted the flamethrower guy’s hair with Crafters Acrylic “Orange Spice”, and the girl’s hair with Accent “Mustard Seed”.   The goggles on the flamethrower guy I painted with Crafters Acrylic “Bright Yellow”.

      I then gave the figures a wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade"wash using a wet brush.

      When the wash was dry, I drybrushed all the armor, and the guns with Americana "Buttermilk”. I then painted the small insignia on the guy’s chest plates, and the head pieces on both figures, with Black, and then drybrushed all the Black with Folk Art “Settlers Blue”.  I also painted a triangular insignia on the girl’s right shoulder with the “Bright Yellow”; and added small red dots with Crafters Acrylic “Christmas Red” to her headpiece, to represent a laser sight.    Next, I painted her eyes, and then did highlights on their faces with the “Shading Flesh”.  I then did highlights on all the gloves, knee and shoulder pads with Crafters Edition “Spice Brown”, and on the heat shields with Folk Art “Grey Green”.  Lastly, I painted their bases with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
          When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.  Then, when that was dry, I spread some white glue on the bases, and dunked them in a sand mixture.  When the sand mixture on the bases was dry, I painted the sand first with Americana “Charcoal Grey”, then dry brushed it with GW “Khemri Brown”, then Ceramcoat “Raw Sienna”, and lastly Americana “Buttermilk”.   The next day, I sprayed the figures with Testors Dullcote".

    I’m very pleased with how they turned out.   Below is a picture of the whole set.  They now join the list of completed sets over on the right.

Figures 188 & 189: Complete

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *