Amiri, Iconic Barbarian: Figure 218 of 266

Chris Palmer

   Over the weekend I finished up the Amiri, Iconic Barbarian, figure from the Iconics and Officially Licensed Pathfinder Miniatures Set.  Completing this figure puts me over the halfway point in wrapping up this set, with only 3 figures left to go.
    I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  Next, I glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.

    I began by painting the skin with GW “Vermin Brown”.  I then painted her top and her loin cloth with MSP Bones “Tropical Blue”, and her padded armor with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.

  Next, I painted the top loin cloth with Apple Barrel “Apple Maple Syrup”, and what appears to be an under level shirt with Folk Art “Poppy Seed”. Then I painted what appeared to be more hardened armor with Citadel “Snakebite Leather”.  Her shoes I painted with Nicole’s “Brown”.

    I painted the fur at the backs of her legs, and under her right arm with Ceramcoat “Territtorial Beige”, and all the strings tying her padded armor with Folk Art “Barnyard Red”.  Then I painted the spear holder on her back with Crafter’s acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, and the bottom of it with Americana “Raw Umber”.  I painted the spear shafts, and the tomahawk handle, with Americana “Mississippi Mud”  Next, I used Americana “Neutral Grey” to paint the claws on her left hand and the two that make up the guard on the sword, as well as the metal fittings on the sword and the spikes on her wristband.    I then painted the straps around her sword and the spear holder with Americana “Wedgewood Blue”, and her jewelry with Crafter’s Acrylic “Dark Turquoise”.

     I went back and painted the tomahawk head with the “Neutral Grey”; and then after everything had a while to dry,  I gave the entire a figure a wash with GW Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I painted her eyes, and lips, and then highlighted her skin with a mix of the “Vermin Brown”, and Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”.    Next, I painted her hair, sword, and spearheads all with Black.   I used some GW “Shadow Grey” to highlight her hair, and then used some Ceramcoat “Denim Blue” to highlight her sword and spearheads.  My intent was to make them look like they were made from obsidian, like some Aztec weapons.

     Next, I worked on highlighting her outfit.  I used Americana “Salem Blue” to highlight her blue loincloth, and her blue top., and I used  Americana “Buttermilk” to highlight her yellow loin cloth. For her padded armor I used the base “Barn Wood”, and for the fur parts I used the “Apple Maple Syrup.”  Then for the hard armor parts I used Accent “Mustard Seed” for the highlights.   For all the red ties I used MSP Bones “Cinnamon Red” to do the highlights.  I used the base “Poppy Seed” for the undershirt, then Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey” for the claws.  The shoes I highlighted with Americana “Sable Brown”    Around back, I used the “Sable Brown” again on the spear holder, and for the bottom of the spearholder I used the “Neutral Grey”.    Next, I used Crafter’s Acrylic “Tropical Blue” to do the highlights on all the blue ribbon-like wraps.  For her jewelry, I used Ceramcoat “Turquoise” to do the highlighting.
     I then worked on the metal bits; painting the metal fittings on the sword, and the tomahawk head with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”, and highlighted with Folk Art Metallics “Silver Sterling”.   Then I painted the medallion on her necklace with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.  
    I finished up by painting the figure’s white base with Cermacoat “Walnut”.
     After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”.   Later that morning I flocked the base, and that evening I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.  After the Dullcote was dry, I went back and gave the sword blade and spearheads a coat of Americana “DuraClear Gloss” Varnish to help give them the shiny obsidian look.

   I’m generally pleased with how she turned out.  I was a little sloppy with the painted blue reflection on the obsidian spearheads, and it shows.  Other than that I think she looks good.

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *