Orc Stalker: Figure 224-227 0f 266

Chris Palmer

  Over the weekend I finished up the four Orc Stalker figures from the Orcpocalypse add-on set. This leaves me with only four figures left from this set to complete.  As I have done in the past with the similarly-posed Orc figures from this set, I converted three of them to be different from the original.   In the photo below, the first one is the original figure, the second has a new sword added to his raised hand, the third has a replacement GW club added (Not sure if it was orc or troll in origin) and his other hand repositioned, and the fourth has his arms repositioned to hold a spear. from one of the Orc Hunter figures.

    I began by painting them entirely Black; and then when the Black was dry, I drybrushed the chainmail and spikey armor areas with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”.  I then went back and used the Black to repaint the fur areas where the “Gunmetal Grey” paint had gotten on them.

     Next, I painted the furs on each of them, doing the top furs and lower fur in different colors.  I usedAnita’s “Burnt Sienna”, Americana “Neutral Grey”, and Folk Art “Dark Brown” as my fur colors, using diferent combinations on each figure.   I then painted all their skin with Aleene’s “Deep Khaki”.

      Next, I painted the club and the spear shaft with Nicole’s “Brown”.  I then painted their teeth with Americana Buttermilk.  I then painted the belts and pouch of the first and third one with Americana “Chocolate Brown”; and used the same color to paint the sword grips and wrist wraps the second and fourth figures.   After everything had a few hours to dry, I gave all four figures a complete wash with GW “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.

      When the wash was dry, I painted their eyes, and highlighted the teeth, with the “Buttermilk”.  I then highlighted their skin with some of the "Deep Khaki" mixed with a little Aleene’s “Dusty Khaki”.  I highlighted the spear shaft and club with Americana “Missippi Mud”.  Next, I painted the swords, and the head of the spear, with Americana “Zinc”.  When these parts were dry, I went back and re-painted them wiht Accent “Princely Pewter”.  I then used Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey” to highlights the swords and spear point, as well as clean up the rest of the metal parts on all four figures.  Lastly, I painted their sculpted bases with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
     After everything had dried overnight, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” and, when dry, flocked their bases.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor’s Dullcote".

    I ended up having a busy weekend, so I cut a lot of corners in finishing these up; doing hardly any highlights.    Nonetheless,  I think they turned out pretty good for mass-unit tabletop pieces.

Figures 224-227 of 266: Complete

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2959VlX
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/295lojS

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *