Michelle, Female Human Ranger

Chris Palmer

   I ordered this figure a while back to round out an order from Reaper to qualify for the free shipping.  With the death of my Treasure Hunter Jack2 in last months Frostgrave game, it was time to paint up a new one; so I grabbed this one to use.
  The first thing I did was trim down the sword in her left hand, so it resembled a dagger a little bit more; thus better fitting the official Treasure Hunter description.  I then prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
     I then gave her a wash with Reaper “Grey Liner” using a wet brush to help me see all the pieces of her outfit better.

   I began painting by doing her face with GW “Bronze Flesh”.  I then painted her tunic with Ceramcoat “Black Cherry”, and her under-shirt with Crafter’s Acrylic “Bright Blue”.

     Next, I painted her leather armor with Citadel “Snakebite Leather”, and painted on gloves using Folk Art “Dapple Gray”.

   At this point I started to feel that she might need a little something extra to sell the idea of being a treasure hunter, so I took one of the rope coils from the Frostgrave Soldiers boxed set from North Star, and sprayed it with flat white spray paint.   I then filed away an area of paint on her left hip, and used super glue to glue the rope coil in place.

    I painted the rope coil with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”, and after it had a while to dry, I gave the whole figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush.  When the wash was dry, I painted her cape with Crafter’s Acrylic “Navy Blue” and her hair with Black.  I let the cape dry a bit, and then I gave it a wash with Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash using a wet brush.  I then painted her eyes.

After her eyes, I painted her lips with a mix of GW Vermin Brown, Americana “Shading Flesh”, the “Bronze Flesh”, and Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”.  I  then highlighted her skin with a mix of the “Bronze Flesh” and “Flesh”.  Next, I highlighted her hair with Citadel “The Fang”, and then did lighter highlights with FolkArt “Cloudy Day”.   I highlighted her cape with Americana “True Blue”, and then highlighted her under-shirt with a mix of the “Bright Blue” and “White”.  After that I highlighted her tunic with Americana Cranberry Wine", and then added a little Crafter’s Acrylic “Tutti Frutti” to the “Cranberry Wine” to do lighter highlights.  Next, I highlighted the rope coil using a mix of Americana “Khaki Tan”, and Americana “Bleached Sand”.  Then I highlighted her leather armor using a mix of the base “Snakebite Leather”, and Ceramcoat “Maple Sugar Tan”, and did her gloves using a mix of the “Dapple Gray” and Folk Art “Gray Green”.  Then I painted both her sword and dagger with Americana “Zinc”.  When dry, I painted them again with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”, and also used this color to paint all the buttons on her cape.  I then highlighted the sword, dagger, and buttons with Folk Art “Silver Sterling”.
     Lastly, I painted the figures base with White.  When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish” early the next morning.  Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics “Snow” flock and the next day I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote.


     I’m happy with how my new warband member came out, but a bit surprised at how similar her skin tone ended up looking to her leather armor.  Considering I used totally different paints, both base coat and highlights, it is an unexpected, and unfortunate, close match.

via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2b4dQya
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2b4n0e0

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *