This week I finished up the remaining figure from the Half-Sized Heroes set: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard. This set now joins the list of completed sets over on the right.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue.
I began by giving the figure a wash with Reaper “Brown Liner” using a wet brush. This was to help bring out the details so I could see them better. Then, when the Liner was dry, I painted his face and hands with Americana “Sable Brown”. After that I painted his shirt with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and his coat and pants with Folk Art “Dark Brown”.
Next, I painted his boots, belt, and large pouch with Accent “Real Umber”; and then painted his other pouch, and his boot tops, with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”. After that, I painted the facings of his coat and the stitching in the sleeves with Apple Barrel “Burnt Sienna”; and I painted the sash around his belt on his right with Ceramcoat “Maple Sugar Tan”.
I then painted his hair with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”, and then when everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I highlighted his hair with White, and then painted his eyes. After that, I highlighted his face and hands witha mix of the “Sable Brown” and Ameircana “Khaki Tan”.
Next, I highlighted his shirt with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”, and then highlighted his coat’s facings with a mix of the “Burnt Sienna” and Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice”. I then higlighted his coat with Americana “Mississippi Mud”. After that, I highlighted his belts, bots and the large pouch with Crafter’s Acrylic “Cinnamon Brown”, and his small pouch and boot tops with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”. I highlighted his small sash with Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow”.
I then painted some of the buttons on his clothing, his hair adornments, and some of the buckles n his belts and the fittings on his large pouch with Ceramcoat “Bronze”. I then went back and highlighted these with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”. Lastly, I painted his integral base with Ceramcoat “Walnut”.
I let the figure dry all day, and before I went to bed I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat “Matte Varnish”. The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.
Well, with all the prep I had to do this week for the Fall-In wargame convention this coming weekend, this figure ended up being something of a rush-job. Nonetheless, I think he turned out pretty good. And I’m happy to see another figure set wrapped up.
Figure 259 of 266: Complete
7 figures left.