Goroloth: Bones 2 Sea Monster

Chris Palmer

This week I painted up the Goroloth figure from the Bones 2, Expansion Set #1, add-on set.  In looking at the figure, I decided I wanted to paint it like some crazy wizard decided to cross an Octopus with a Shark.  (Crazy you say?! Behold the glory of my Sharktopus! Who’s crazy now, I ask!!  Muuwahahahaha!)  🙂
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking the pieces over night in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.   I then assembled the model using Gorilla superglue. When the superglue was set, I tested the fit of the mounting hole in the model with a spare Reaper CAV flight stand I had, and was very happy to see it fit perfectly.

I began by painting the front of the “Sharktopus” with Americana “Shading Flesh”, an the rear of the figure with Americana “Wedgewood Blue”.  I then made a mix of the two paints and carefully blended the front and back colors together.

Next, I painted the underside of the tentacles with Americana “Mocha”.  I let everything dry for a while, then gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash using a wet brush.

I then drybrushed the front part of the figure with first a Reaper Free Sample color that was a nice Salmon hue, and followed that with some Folk Art “Almond Parfait”.  I then drybrushed the back of the model with Crafter’s Acrylic “Tropical Blue”.

I then painted two lines running down the tail, one above and one below the circle indents, using Folk Art “Metallic Emerald Green”.  After that, I painted the circle indents themselves with Folk Art Pearl “Aqua Moire”.  I then moved to the eyes, painting them a mix of Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice” and Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.  Next, I drybrushed the underside of the tentacles with Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”.  I then went back and gave the circle indents a wash with some Iron Wind Metals “Medium Blue” ink using a wet brush.  I then returned to the eyes, and painted White pupils, and then gave them Black centers.   When the ink wash was dry in the circles, I repainted the center of them with the base “Aqua Moire”.
I let the figure dry overnight, and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Since this has a slight sheen to it, rather than being true matte, I decided to go with just this as my final coat.  I did however go back and paint the eyes with Americana “DuraClear Gloss” Varnish to give them an extra shine.





via All Bones About It http://ift.tt/2rtESbo

from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2r9arYe


Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *