It was another busy project week for me so, knowing my time would be limited, I picked a relatively easy figure to work on: Bandit Enforcer, from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion, Part 3.
I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I began by painting his armor with Ceramcoat “Black”. When dry, I drybrushed the armor with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. I then painted his skin with Americana “Shading Flesh”.
I then painted his tunic with Apple Barrel “Apple Maple Syrup”, and his boots with Americana “Light Cinnamon”. After that, I painted the turn down on his right boot, his belt, the sword grip, and his wrist strap on his left wrist, all with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
I then went back and painted over the “Zinc” with the “Gunmetal Grey”. After that, I gave his face, arms, and hands a wash of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash. When that wash was dry, I then gave a wash to he rest of him with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash. When the washes were dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his face with a mix of the “Shading Flesh” and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Flesh”. I then highlighted his hair using Americana “Sable Brown”.
Next, I highlighted his tunic with Americana “Antique White”, and then highlighted the leather armor on his left thigh with a mix of the “Apple Maple Syrup” and some Accent “Golden Oxide”. I then highlighted his boots, and the pouch around back with Americana “Khaki Tan”, and highlighted his right boot top, belt, and wrist guard with Folk Art “Teddy Bear Brown”. After that I highlighted the cord on the canteen with Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice”, and the canteen itself with some of the “Orange Spice” mixed with the base “Burnt Sienna”. I wrapped up the highlighting by doing all the metal with some Ceramcoat Metallic Silver".
Lastly, I painted the figure’s integral base with the “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s Dullcote".
Well, not my greatest, but there he is. You can tell he was a rush job, but certainly good enough for tabletop use. 🙂
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/08/bandit-enforcer-bones-3-figure.html
from Tumblr http://tumblr.hawks-club.org/post/177208820383