Vegypygmies: Bones 3 Figures

Chris Palmer

     I continued to work through the Bones 3 StoneSkull Expansion this past week, and painted the pair of Vegypygmies that came in that box.
     I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying.   I then glued them to 7/8" black-primed fender washers with Aleene’s Tacky glue.  I then glued the figures to a  tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer’s glue each.

      I began by painting each entire figure with Americana “Avocado”, and then painted their cloths with  Americana “Forest Green”.   After that I painted their hair with Apple Barrel “Apple Black Green”.

     Next, I painted their spear shafts, and the back of the shield with Folk Art “Dapple Grey”, and the spear points with Americana “Zinc”. I then painted the face of the shield with Ceramcoat “Black”.   After everything had a while to dry, I gave each figure a complete coat with Citadel “Agrax Earthshade” wash.

          When the wash was dry, I highlighted their bodies with  a drybrush of Aleene’s “Dusty Khaki”, and then painted their eyes with Americana “Margarita"with "Black” pupils.   I then used Americana “Festive Green” to highlight their cloths, and Folk Art Artist’s Pigment “Hauser Green Medium” to highlight their hair.  Next, I picked out the design on the shield with Crafter’s Acrylic “Citrus Green”, and then highlighted the spear shafts with Folk At “Grey Green”.  I then decided against painting the spear points a white metal (which I had intended), and go with a bronze look instead; so I first painted them with Folk Art Brushed Metal “Brushed Bronze”, and then did highlights with a bit of the “Brushed Bronze” mixed with Ceramcoat “14K Gold”.
     Lastly, I painted the figures integral bases with Americana “Bittersweet Chocolate”.
     I let the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock their bases.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Rustoleum “Matte Finish”, since I unfortunately ran out of Testor’s Dullcote" without having time to replace it.

     Well, I’m happy with the figures, but not thrilled with the Rustoleum “Matte Finish”.   I definitely think I’ll hit these with some Dullcote when I get a new can.

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

0 thoughts on “Vegypygmies: Bones 3 Figures

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *