This past week I also painted the Raft and Rowboat from the Bones 4 Dreadmere Expansion Set. We’re doing a water based Ghost Archipelago scenario later this month, and I wanted to include these if needed.
I prepped the pieces in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying. I then assembled the raft, by gluing in the oars and the fish basket, using Gorilla Super Glue Gel. (It also comes with a pair of loose fish, but I thought I’d save those to use somewhere else.) After that, I glued 1"x1" steel bases to the undersides of both models using Gorilla Super Glue Gel.
I started with the raft, and began by painting the bark of the logs with Americana “Charcoal Grey”. After that, I painted the ends with Americana “Fawn”, and the ropes with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.
I then started on the rowboat. I glued that to a tongue depressor for easier handling, using a couple drops of Elmer’s glue.
I began by painting the entire boat with Folk Art “Barn Wood”. I then painted the netting with Folk Art “Porcelain White”, and the fish basket with Americana “Fawn”.
Next, I painted the lamp with Folk Art Burnished Metal “Burnished Bronze”. I then painted the plank patches on the outside of the boat with Folk Art “Grey Green”, Folk Art “Dapple Grey”, and Americana “Mississippi Mud”. After that, I painted the rope with Americana “Neutral Grey”,and the fish in the basket with Folk Art Color Shift “Blue Flash”.
I let the paint dry for a while, and then I gave the entire raft a coat of Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash.
When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the boat with Americana “Dove Grey”. I then drybrushed the net with some Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White” mixed with some of the base “Porcelain White”, and drybrushed the fish basket with some Americana “"Antique White”. After that I drybrushed the lantern with some Ceramcoat 14K Gold, and put some color on the fish with Folk Art Metallics “Metallic Emerald Green”. Lastly, I painted the panes of the lantern with Ceramcoat “Black”.
These were nice simple pieces to get done. I didn’t spend a lot of time with them, but I think they turned out looking pretty good nonetheless.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/06/raft-and-rowboat-bones-4-dreadmere.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/185406372643