This past week I painted the Dreadmere Cart from the Bones 4 Dreadmere Expansion.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying them. When dry, I glued the wheels to tha axle so that the card would still be able to rotate on it. I then superglued the Crate and Barrel to an unprimed 1"x1.5" steel base, and glues the cart to a 2" x 2" grey-primed steel base using Aleene’s Tacky glue. I then glued the cart to a tongue depressor using a couple drops of Elmer’s glue, and stuck the crate and barel piece to some bluetack on a pill bottle.
When the wash was dry, I highlighted the wood by drybrushing it with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”. I then highlighted the rope with Americana “Bleached Sand”, and highlighted the metal parts of the wheels by carefully drybrushing them with Folk Art Metallics “Gunmetal Grey”. Lastly, I painted the entire base with “Americana "Mississippi Mud”.
I let the cart dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to apply a sand mixture onto the base. When that was dry, I used white glue again to flock the edges of the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.
Next, I worked on the crate and barrel. The first thing I did was paint the steel base with some Americana “Metal Primer”.
I then painted the crate with Americana “Mississippi Mud”, and the barrel with Americana “Light Cinnamon”. After that, I painted the bands on the barrel with the “Gunmetal Grey”, and then did the base with the “Golden Brown”.
Then, when everything was dry, I gave the entire assembly a wash with the"Agrax Earthsahde" wash.
When the piece was dry, I drybrushed the crate with Americana “Fawn”, and the barrel with Americana “Sable Brown”. I then added some grain on the base with the “Butter Pecan”.
I let the crate and barrel assembly dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”.
Very pleased with how this set turned out.
via All Bones About It http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/08/dreadmere-cart-bones-4-dreadmere-figure.html
from Tumblr https://harfordhawks.tumblr.com/post/187118101668