Townsfolk Monk: Bones 4 Figure

Chris Palmer

     This past week I kicked my painting for next month’s Cold Wars convention into high gear.   So, I didn’t have a lot of time for painting Bones.  Therefore, I selected the Monk from the Bones 4 Core Set Townsfolk group to work on since it’s a simple figure.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.

     I began by painting his face and hands with Reaper MSP “Rosy Skin”.  I then painted his cassock with Americana “Light Cinnamon”, and his sleeves and collar with Americana “Fawn”.

     Next, I painted his cape with Americana “Neutral Grey”, and his shoes with Ceramcoat “Territorial Beige”. After that, I painted his hair with Americana “Asphaltum”, and the rope belt with Folk Art “Barn Wood”.

    I let the figure dry for a while, and then I gave his face and hands a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash.   When that was dry, I gave his cassock, sleeves, collar, belt, and shoes all a coat of Citadel “Agrax Earthsahde” wash.  I let that dry, and then went over his cape with Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash.

     When all the washes were dry, I painted his eyes and then highlighted his face and hands with Rraper MSP “Rosy Highlight”.  After that, I highlighted his hair with first, Accent Mustard Seed", and then a little Folk Art “Butter Pecan”.  I then highlighted his cassock with the base “Light Cinnamon”, and then some of the “Light Cinnamon” mixed with a little of the “Fawn”.

     Next, I highlighted the collar and sleeves with the base “Fawn”, and then a little of the “Fawn” with some Americana “Bleached Sand” mixed in.  Then, I highlighted the cape with the base “Neutral Grey”, and a little of the “Neutral Grey” with some Americana “Grey Sky” mixed in.  After that, I highlighted his shoes with the Americana “Khaki Tan”.  Lastly, I painted the entire base with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. I then used some white glue to glue some fine sand to the base.  When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana “Raw Umber”. When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with the “Territorial Beige”, and then with some of the “Butter Pecan”; lastly I drybrushed it with a little of the “Bleached Sand”.
      Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor’s Dullcote".

    I’m pretty happy with this one.   A simple figure, but a lot of character, and fun to paint.

via All Bones About It
from Tumblr

Author: hawksgameclub

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *