D’Vandra Lukesia: Bones 4 Dreadmere Figure

      Starting to work again on the Dreadmere Expansion this past week, and painted the D’Vandra Lukesia figure.   I’ve seen this figure painted up two ways; one is as a necromancer type with pale skin and dark clothing, ready to go dig up some bones; and the other is as a druid-nature type in light colors with more normal skin coloration, ready to go plant some flowers.  After some deliberation, I decided to go with the second of the two.
        I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a brown-primed 1″ fender washer with Aleene’s Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.

     I began by painting her face and arms with Reaper MSP “Bronzed Skin”.   I then painted her under skirt with Americana “Antique Gold”, and followed with painting her dress with Americana “Avocado”.  I then went back and painted her sash and bodice with the “Antique Gold”.

     Next, I painted her hair with Accent “Golden Harvest”, and then painted her shovel handle with Americana “Light Cinnamon”.  After that, I painted her belts and straps with Accent “Forest Green”, and then some of the stuff on her belts, as well as her wrist guards, with Citadel “Snakebite Leather”. 

     I then painted the wraps on her shovel with Folk Art “Butter Pecan”, and the flowers on the shovel with Folk Art “True Burgundy”.   After that, I painted clasps and some of the belt accouterments that I eventually planned to make metallic gold, with Accent “Mustard Seed”.   I followed that with painting the bone hanging from her belts with Reaper MSP “Graveyard Bone”, and the shovel blade with Americana “Zinc”. 

     I then let the figure dry overnight, and the next day I applied a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash to her face and arms.  I let that wash dry for a while, and then applied a coat of “Agrax Earthshade” wash to the rest of the figure.    When that wash was dry, I painted her eyes, and then highlighted her skin using the base “Bronzed Skin”, and some Reaper MSP “Bronzed Highlight”.

     Next, I highlighted her under skirt, the sashes, and the bodice with; the base “Antique Gold”, then Crafter’s Acrylic “Bright Yellow”, and lastly, Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow” for the lightest layer.  After that, I highlighted her dress with the base “Avocado”,then some Americana “Olive Green”, and the fasteners and lightest highlights with Raper MSP Bones “Dungeon Slime”. 

     I then highlighted her hair using, Americana “Moon Yellow”, Apple Barrel “Lemon Chiffon”, and Americana “Snow White” for the lightest highlights.   After that, I highlighted her belts and straps with, first, Americana Forest Green”, followed by Americana “Festive Green”.   I followed by highlighting the canister hanging on her right side, as well as her wrist guards, using the base “Snakebite Leather”, followed by some Reaper MSP “Bronzed Skin”. 

     Next, I highlighted the bone hanging at her side using Crafter’s Acrylic “Light Antique White”.  I then worked on her shovel, highlighting the handle with Americana “Fawn”, and the bindings with Americana “Bleached Sand”.  After that, I highlighted the flowers with Crafter’s Acrylic “Tutti Fruitti”, and Apple Barrel “Apple Lt. Pink”. 

     I then worked on the metal parts, repainting the containers I had painted with the “Mustard Seed”, as well as the assorted buckles, using Folk Art Brushed Metal “Brushed Bronze”.  I then added highlights with Folk Art “Pure Gold” and then Ceramcoat “Wedding Gold”. After that, I worked on the shovel, painting it first with Ceramcoat “Silver”, followed by a little Citadel “Mitrhil Silver” highlight.   Lastly, I painted his base with Americana “Mississippi Mud”.

         I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor’s “Dullcote”. 

     I’m really happy with this one.   Once I got painting her, I realized she was accessorized a little more like a necromancer than I has originally thought, with both a bone and what looks like a canopic jar on her belts; which I hadn’t noticed at first.  Nevertheless, I still think she makes a good druid type nature wizard as well.

Go to Source

0

Author: Chris Palmer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *