Reeve Irremborg Planomap: Bones 4 Dreadmere Figure (Work in Progress)

     I’m going to try something different this week.  Once again, over the past week my painting time was cut short, and I was not able to complete this week’s figure.  But instead of posting nothing, and just putting it all off until next week, I thought I’d post as far as I’ve gotten today, and then add the rest when I complete it, which I hope will be Thursday.  Let’s see how this works out.
     So, this past week I painted “Reeve Irremborg Planomap”  from the Bones 4  Dreadmere Expansion. While it’s a relatively simple figure, it has a lot of fiddly details in all the buttons and embroidery sculpted into his clothing, and that was one thing that slowed me down.
    I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then trimmed the figure’s integral base a little, and glued the figure to a 1″ plastic base with some superglue.  I then placed the figure in my painting grip.   

     I began by painting his face and hands with Americana “Shading Flesh”.  I then painted his coat, vest, and pants with Folk Art “Burgundy”; and his coat cuffs, collar, and the scalloping under the vest, with Americana “Antique White”.  After that, I painted his cape, and shirt cuffs with Americana “Dove Gray”.

     Next, I painted his hat and shoe with Ceramcoat “Black”, and then painted his cane and wooden leg with Accent “Real Umber”.   I then painted his hair and beard with Americana “Light Cinnamon”, and the feather in his hat with the “Burgundy”. 

     I then painted all the buttons, embroidered trim, and the fittings on his cane and wooden leg, with Accent “Mustard Seed”.  I let this dry, and then painted over it with Folk Art Metallic “Pure Gold”.  After everything had a while to dry,  I went back and gave everything, except the shirt cuffs and cape, a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash.   When this was dry, I gave the shirt cuffs and cape a coat of Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash. 

     And that’s as far as I’ve progressed so far.  Over the next few days I hope to finish up the figure and have the  results to post on Thursday.  So please tune back then.  I will add the results directly to this post.

Go to Source

0

Author: Chris Palmer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *