Malvernis Soldier: Bones 4 Chronoscope Figure

        This week I painted the “Malvernis Soldier” from the Bones 4 Chronoscope Expansion.  Like the Rach Soldier I did earlier, I have no idea what the official CAV faction colors are, so I did what I found pleasing.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then trimmed the figure’s integral base a little, and glued the figure to a 1″ green-primed metal washer with some Aleene’s Tacky glue.  I then placed the figure in my painting grip.    

     I began by painting the face and hands with a mix of Pathfinder MSP “Medusa Green” and Reaper MSP “Olive Skin”.  I then painted the outfit with Crafter’s Acrylic “Navy Blue”; and the boots, belts, straps, and pouches with Americana “Zinc”.

     Next, because I found I had been painting all my Sci-Fi weaponry black and wanted a change, painted the gun with Pathfinder MSP “Urgathea Red”.  A red gun; why not! 🙂   I then painted the hair with Apple Barrel “Apple Black Green”.  When everything had time to dry I gave the skin a coat of Citadel “Reikland Fleshshade” wash; and when that was dry, I gave the outfit and gun a coat of Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash.

     When the washes were dry, I painted the eyes, and then highlighted the skin with a mix of the base “Medusa Green” and “Olive Skin”.  I then mixed Reaper MSP “Olive Highlight” with the “Medusa Green” for lighter skin highlights.  After that, I highlighted the hair with Americana “Forest Green”, and then did the outfit highlights with Reaper MSP “Ultramarine Blue”.

     I decided the hair highlights weren’t bright enough, so I added some Americana “Festive Green” to lighten them up a little.  I then highlighted the boots, belts, straps and pouches with the base “Zinc”, and then mixed in a little Crafter’s Acrylic “Storm Cloud Grey”.   After that, I highlighted the gun with the base “Urgathea Red”, then mixed in some Reaper MSP” Fresh Blood” for lighter highlights.  Lastly, I painted the base with Americana “Neutral Grey”.  

      I let the figure and base dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.   Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor’s “Dullcote”. 

    I’m happy with the figure, and I like the splash of color the gun provides.  I only gave this a quick spray of the Dullcote, as I held the figure just out the door, becuase it was very humid out.  I can see now that it as not enough, or I didn’t shake the can well enough, as it’s still very shiny.  I will have to respray it when the humidity lowers.

   In other news, I received my Bones 5 shipping notification!  So next Monday’s post will be a Bones 5 show and tell.  If you have anything from Bones 5 you want to see, and I ordered it, I will happily post a photo of it.  Let me know in the comments here.

Go to Source

Author: Chris Palmer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *