To begin, I gave both figures complete coats of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. When this coat was dry, I picked out some details on the armor and painted them with Citadel Contrast “Snakebite Leather”, front and back. I then painted the rest of the armor with Citadel Contrast “Space Wolves Grey”, both front and back. With the arms behind the shields, I just painted the backs since the fronts were covered by the shields.
Next, I painted both the sword blades with Citadel Contrast “Basilicanum Grey”, both front and back. I then painted the shield on the left knight with Citadel Contrast “Talassar Blue”, and Citadel Contrast “Blood Angels Red”; and on the right night with Citadel Contrast “Creed Camo”, and Citadel Contrast “Iyanden Yellow”. On the shields, I painted the front, and the parts of the back that were’d covered by the armored arm. After that, I painted the faces with Citadel Contrast “Gulliman Flesh”.
I then painted all the lines between the panes with Ceramcoat “Black”. When dry, I went over them again using Accent “Princely Pewter”. After that, I painted the bases with Americana “Neutral Grey”, and when dry, gave them a drybrush with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”.
I’m really pleased with how these turned out, and am impressed with how the Contrast paint works on these translucent/clear minis. I’m looking forward to experimenting with some of the other translucent figures from Bones 5.