I then painted the bases of both figures with Americana “Neutral Grey”. When dry, I gave both bases a coat of Citadel “Nuln Oil” wash. When the wash was dry, I drybrushed the stones with Folk Art “Platinum Grey”.
This past week I painted the “Invisible Servant” and “Spiritual Weapon” from the Bones 5 Spell Effects set.
I prepped the figures in the usual way, soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then glued the figures to 1″ grey-primed metal washers with some Gorilla Super Glue Gel glue. I then put the Invisible Servant into my painting grip.
I began by painting both figures completely with Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. When the varnish was dry, I painted the entire figure with Citadel Contrast “Aethermatic Blue”. When the Contrast paint was dry, I went back and did a second application of the same color just in the eyes, letting it pool a little.
I then put that aside, and worked on the Sword Spell Effect.
I began by painting the sword blade with Citadel Contrast “Space Wolves Grey”. I then painted the base of the guard and the pommel with Citadel Contrast “Snakebite Leather”, and the grip with Citadel Contrast “Wyldwood”. Next, I worked on the flame, painting the base of the flames with Tamiya Acrylic “Clear Yellow”, then add some Tamiya Acrylic “Clear Orange”, and then Tamiya Acrylic “Clear Red” on the ends of the flames. Lastly, I added a bit of Citadel Contrast “Black Templar” to the very tips of the flames. When everything on the sword was dry, I painted the cloud beneath it with the “Aethermatic Blue”.
I let the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figures with Testor’s Dullcote”.