Andromedan Hunter: Bones 4 Chronoscope Figure

      Over the past few weeks I have worked on the “Andromedan Hunter” figure from the Bones 4 Chronoscope Expansion, as a change of pace from doing the Dwarves last time.  
     I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then trimmed the figure’s integral base a little, and glued the figure to a 1″ brown-primed metal washer with some Aleene’s Tacky glue.  I then affixed the figure to the top of a pill bottle with some blue-tac.    

     I decided to go a little color craz on this one, and I wanted to try doing her skin with one of the Folk Art Color Shift Paints.  So, I painted her body with a base coat of Reaper MSP Bones “Dungeon Slime”, and when dry, I went over it with Folk Art Color Shift “Green Flash”. 

     Next, I gave her skin a thinned coat of Citadel Contrast “Creed Camo” to act as a wash.  It was not as effective at doing this as the purpose-designed Citadel Shades.  So, I went back and reapplied some to various spots to add a little more shadow.  I then painted her hair with Reaper MSP Bones “Heraldic Red”., and her clothing, bracers, shinguards/shoes, pouch, and holster with Reaper MSP “Auburn Shade”.  After that, I painted her rifle with Reaper MSP “Spruce Green”, and her hair tie, as well as the pompoms on the back of her shoes, with Reaper MSP Monarch Purple. 

     I then painted the “U” shaped parts of her top, the front piece of her little bottom, and her bracers, with  Ceramcoat “Metallic Copper”.  After that, I painted the metal parts of her rifle and pistol with Folk Art Brushed Metal “Brushed Bronze”.   I let the figure dry for a while, and then gave her hair, clothing, and accessories, a wash of Citadel Shade “Reikland Fleshshade”; and then her rifle, hair tie, and shin pompoms a wash with Citadel Shade “Nuln Oil”. 

     When the washes were dry, I painted her eyes (I used Crafter’s Acrylic “Daffodil Yellow” for the “whites”), and then highlighted her skin with a mix of the base “Green Flash” and some Reaper MSP “Sophie Silver”.  After that, I highlighted her hair with Crafter’s Acrylic “Orange Spice”, and some Crafter’s Acrylic “Pure Pumpkin”.   

     Next, I highlighted her clothing and accessories with a mix of the base “Auburn Shadow”, and some Americana “Shading Flesh”.  I then highlighted her hair tie and shin pompoms with Anita’s “Violet”, and followed with highlighting the guns with Folk Art “Hunter Green”, and a little Americana “Sea Breeze”.  After that, I highlighted the metal parts of her clothing with the base “Metallic Copper”, some Reaper MSP “Rose Gold”, and a little pf the “Sophie Silver”. Finally, I highlighted the metal on the guns with Ceramcoat “Metallic Bronze”, and some DecoArt Dazzling Metallics “Bright Brass”.   Lastly, I painted the base with Americana “Neutral Grey”.  

      I let the figure and base dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana “DuraClear Matte” varnish.   Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor’s “Dullcote”. 

     Well, I had fun using some wild colors on her, and I don’t think she looks half bad.  Unfortunately, any effect from the color shift paint was lost between the Contrast Paint wash, the non-color shift highlights, and the final Matt Varnish and Dullcote.  

Go to Source

Author: Chris Palmer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *